MED_UALG has joined the European Polysaccharide Network of Excelence (EPNOE)
Recently the MED-UALG has joined the European Polysaccharide Network of Excelence (EPNOE) which is a non-profit Association promoting research, education, and knowledge-transfer between academia, industry, and civil society, in all fields related to polysaccharides science and technology. The network has been growing and currently it includes 42 academic, research and industry institutions from all around the world.
The main activities focus on Network, Research, and Education:
- Research and Industry events: Organization of networking events between research and industry for building project proposals;
- Providing Knowledge: Acting as a source of expert technical knowledge for industry and civil society;
- Organize Conferences: Organization of international conferences once a year, alternating between a full conference and one for junior scientists (PhD students and early postdocs);
- Organize workshops: Organization of student/researcher training through exchange programs (e.g. Erasmus), workshops and training courses.
The EPNOE Research Roadmap is built around the following main focus areas:
- Chemistry, Biology and Physics
- Materials Science and Engineering
- Food and Nutrition
- Biomedical applications
For more informations, please check the EPNOE website.