Mission and Goals
Our Mission is to promote ecosystem sustainability and food security as contribution towards territorial cohesion and wellbeing.
We seek excellence in research, producing solid scientific and technological knowledge, but also solutions for the sustainability of agroecosystems, environment and territories.
Seeking to increase excellence in research and contribute with solutions to the sustainability of agroecosystems, the environment and the supporting territories of Mediterranean, through:
- Improving resource use efficiency and competitive agriculture;
- Improving sustainability of food system while preserving the mediterranean diet;
- Assuring biodiversity conservation and landscape multi-functionality;
- Promoting organizational capability and governance mechanisms;
- Identifying pathways towards resilience and adaptation under known climate change scenarios.
MED carries out research driven by problem-based questions that arise from practice and also, those related to the new reality in the face of climate change.