Laboratory of Technology and Quality of Regional Products
The Technology and Quality Laboratory of Regional Products is an infrastructure of MED that develops its activity in Research, Teaching and Provision of Services.
Cristina M. d. S. Conceição
The Laboratory provides support to companies in the food sector through physical-chemical analysis of food, technical support and consultancy, training activities, in particular in the area of sensory analysis of cheese.
The Laboratory has developed its activity in several research lines, namely:
- Science and technology of milk and milk products;
- Analysis of the impact of factors affecting the characteristics of milk and cheese;
- Development of new products to increase the shelf life of healthier products and / or foods;
- Development and adaptation of analytical techniques;
- Development of methodologies of sensory analysis and taste sensitivity in humans and with the animal model.
The laboratory supports the practical component of the degree courses in Science and Animal Technology, the MSc in Veterinary Medicine, the Master in Science and undergraduate internships, masters and doctoral programs.